Overview of ALFConnect
Purpose of ALFConnect:
To foster meaningful conversations on issues that matter to Oregonians and to promote problem solving within and among Oregon communities by building on the combined strengths of our diversity, the Senior Fellow network, and new media.
ALFConnect was created specifically to:
- elevate issues of significance to the state
- create a user-friendly, technology based forum for interaction and collaborative problem solving
- amplify underrepresented voices
- embrace diverse perspectives
- build on ALF leadership principles
- leverage the power of the ALF network
New content will be added throughout the year. Content will be created by ALF Senior Fellows themselves, launching conversation on the website with the intent that it will continue in person, at forums, on blogs — anywhere ALFers want to take it.
New ALFConnect postings will be sent to Senior Fellows on a regular basis via the enewsletter. One click will lead Senior Fellows to the ALFConnect website, where there will be a Senior Fellow voice — in the form of a video or powerpoint slides — on an issue of significance to Oregonians. Additional background will be available to include ways to get involved, and others facts and figures to help inform the reader.